Whenever it relates to playground surface alternatives, the material you select is crucial 안전놀이터 순위. Certain playground surfaces provide excellent fall shielding, while others are just unsafe. You might want to put in a playground surface that will buffer a fall while staying within your budget.
Need of a good playground surface
The most common reason for 안전놀이터 모음 children being taken to the emergency department falls on playground floors. While a scratched knee may not seem worrisome, some falls can result in catastrophic injuries.
To provide a safe playground, an appropriately constructed shock-absorbing floor is essential. When compared to no-impact-absorbing floors, the risks of getting harmed on an effect surface would be less than half. While playing, children should feel secure and joyful, and a surface quality material is an important component of it.
Options of Playground surface
Unitary as well as loose-fill surfaces are indeed the two primary types of playground materials for the surface. Most playground surfaces must be evaluated and certified to ASTM F1292, the force attenuation requirement 안전놀이터 – majortocass.com.
Loose-fill materials include loose rill rubber (LFR), pea gravel, sand, as well as EWF-engineered wood fiber, among others. Except for LFR, all components are all-natural and therefore do not comprise any chemicals nor binders to keep them intact. Cos of natural compression and dispersion, it’s best to build and configure a 12-inch thickness within all loose-fill types of surface materials.
Unitary surfaces are made up of bonded parts that are shaped into tiles or rolled products like turf. Rubber tiles, poured-in-place rubber (PIP), artificial turf, and carpeting goods are examples of these surfaces. Nylon, recycled tires, other synthetic materials can be used to create unitary surfaces.
Unitary vs loose fill for outdoor playgrounds
It’s simple to get trapped selecting between loose-fill versus unitary surfaces because they’re both safe options. One might like to consult with a professional to ensure that you know precisely what’s in store for you.
Otherwise, here are some advantages and disadvantages to help you make your selection. Note that you can combine both loose-fill or unitary surfaces in the playground when that is more appropriate for your purposes.
- Loose-fill playground materials are usually inexpensive.
- They are simple to install.
- They have adequate drainage
- They offer excellent fall shielding 안전놀이터 추천.
- Loose-fill products, such as EWF, can fit in well with natural settings.
- They complement environmentally friendly playgrounds.
- Loose-fill surfaces have the drawbacks that it needs more care because they are regularly pushed away from often used places.
- As a consequence, to maintain security and access, loose-fill surfaces should be raked, restocked, and compacted regularly.
- This thereby increases maintenance expenses.
- Wear mats, that are available in various sizes, could be installed to help minimize loose-fill distortion.
- Even with worn mats, upkeep is still needed, however, the mats will assist cut down on the time it takes to fill in surfaces in high-traffic playground areas.
- Somewhere between inspections, they also assist in keeping locations safe as well as accessible.
Types of loose-fill playground materials
EWF is the best loose-fill surface material for such a playground by a long shot. Mostly EWF is 100% natural, compacts to form a smooth, approachable surface, and is less expensive compared to unitary surfaces. EWF is already a common pick since it provides good impact absorption, is simple to install, plus remains in place longer than most other loose-fill surface materials. EWF needs frequent maintenance, particularly in large locations such as beneath swings where small feet often push loose-fill surface materials away. To extend the life of EWF, make sure it’s kept at the proper depth, not lower than 9″, and that the site has sufficient drainage.
Pea gravel is a low-cost, simple-to-install material that doesn’t attract insects. Also, it washes more efficiently than sand. Gravel, on the other hand, is difficult to navigate for children sitting in a wheelchair or with mobility aids. Furthermore, while gravel might buffer a fall, this is not very safe for small kids since they can ingest it or get it in their eyes, ears, nose, or mouth.
Sand, similar to gravel, is inexpensive, simple to put, and 안전놀이터 가입 offers superb cushioning. This could, however, hide sharp items, animal excreta, and other trash. Kids may be lured to eat or toss sand, which they can then bring home on their clothing and shoes.
- Unitary surfaces need less upkeep, making them ideal for people with vast budgets however limited maintenance resources.
- Other than in high-use regions, unitary surfaces normally come with longer warranties.
- Lastly, unitary surfaces come in a variety of colors, allowing you to create unique themes in the outdoor playground.
- The disadvantages of unitary surface material comprise greater upfront installation as well as material costs.
- It requires expert installation
- The fact that they can get quite hot during the summertime, and the fact that they are often less resilient than loose-fill surface materials.
- Always request test results or certificate papers to ensure you’re getting surface material that will safeguard you and the kids who will be playing on it.
Types of unitary surface playground materials
PIP looks great as it comes in a variety of colors and patterns. A wear covering of rubber particles as well as a top finishing layer of granular particles makes up this substance. PIP has a smooth surface that allows kids with wheelchairs or mobility devices to easily access items. It generally has cheap long-term maintenance expenses and provides great shock absorption.
Rubber tiles are shaped into 2×2-foot square shapes 메이저 안전놀이터 along with interlocking edges and are comprised of bonded rubber. These rubber tiles are another wonderful option for access, but they’re more expensive as compared to loose-fill materials as well as need professional installation, just like PIP surfaces. These rubber tiles could also curve at the edges with time, posing a tripping risk, or dirt might collect in the cracks. The unitary surfaces should be swept but also cleaned regularly.
Synthetic turf has been most commonly found on athletic fields, and it can also be found in playgrounds and indoor play spaces. Synthetic turf, in particular, is composed up of artificial grass blades with rubber filler materials to resemble genuine grass however with significantly higher impact absorption.
Safety is not as tough as it may appear when you choose the right playground material for the playground. Nevertheless, you might have to regard some factors like budget, playground size, and the vision of the community. While this comes right down to it, whenever picking a surface, security must always come first.